25 September 2008

Does not play well with scissors

Sofie (my imaginary, 9 yr. old daughter) has been going through a difficult time. In the last 3-4 years, she had developed terrible underbite. Our fabulous oral surgeon, Dr. Levi Mason surgically corrected her underbite last year. Little Sofie is looking so much better and her self-confidence is growing. There's still one hitch;  she still has to wear a headpiece that connects to her braces for at least 14 hours a day. The headpiece doesn't lend itself to a thriving social life so she's spending most afternoons and evenings at home, cooped up in her room. My biggest concern about her recent 'hermit' behavior is that she's been hiding stockpiling sharp objects in her bedroom. While tidying up her room, I have found x-acto knives, my shower razor, steak knives and my best kitchen shears. It may be time for Sofie to start talking to a therapist. 

No comments:

Followers