14 December 2008

Who would you kidnap?

O.k., all two of you who read this blog, let's play a game.  If you could kidnap any chef from the Food Network, who would it be? 

If you had asked me yesterday, it would have been a toss-up between Rachel Ray and Giada De Laurentis. I won't go into the reasons because this is an all-ages blog. Ask me today and I would say, Ina Garten (aka: Barefoot Contessa). I want her to come over and make this seafood gratin: (a teaser: a gratin of lobster, halibut and shrimp in a golden saffron sauce).

Now for the flip side of that question:  Which Food Network chef would you least want to kidnap and why?  My answers:
1. Bobby Flay. He can't make a meal that doesn't include habenero, ancho or chipotle peppers. 
2. Mario Batali. I can't decide between the sweat droplets cascading off the tip of his nose, into the pot or pan, or his trademark bare, hairy legs below the apron and the socks & Crocs.

No comments:

Followers